Saturday, June 20, 2009

Cycling and Father's Day

It was a big bike weekend for the Sanders. Nathan did the Brewery to Brewery ride on Saturday, 150 miles from Boston to Windsor, Vermont. It took a lot of training but he was really pleased with his result and not to tired too boot as he met me at a party that night!

Maddie and Theo rode in the Kids PMC ride to raise money for cancer research. I was so proud of them, we went door to door selling raffle tickets. Maddie memorized a speech and was excited to raise money to help people. It brings back found memories for me as I used to terrorize the neighborhood selling everything from girl scout cookies to terrible pizzas. In fact, I once sold the most girl scout cookies in the troop earning a sleeping bag that I kept until Nathan and my camping trip after business school when he said get rid of that thing!



Selling door to door

The day of the race - cold and rainy - do you sense a trend here?

A happy cyclist!

The crowd went wild with Theo doing the big kids course, about a mile loop.


Nathan loves that this ride is on Father's Day. We celebrated with another Mexican dinner at our second favorite place. He's such a great daddy who inspires the kids to reach for their best.

One tired boy who was home late for his morning nap. In a few years, he'll be on the course too!

No comments: