Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Dog Dog's Twin?

Theo's dear Dog Dog went missing a few months ago. No idea where that little dog is hiding. My best guess is that he got tossed in the recycling bin and without realizing it, he was sent off to the recycling plant. They were not helpful when I called asking about a little blue dog.

Theo was very macho about the loss of Dog Dog, or so I thought. Bowen has a showtime bag that the children bring home, fill with the theme and show and tell the next day. This theme was your favorite stuffed animal. As we were discussing who Theo should bring, his big brown eyes welled up with tears and he snuggled his face down into his elbow. Hello heartbreaking. He wanted Dog Dog to bring to school. I searched the Internet with little luck and then, thank you E-Bay, I found a ridiculously priced Dog Dog which I promptly purchased and OVERNIGHTED to our house. Welcome to the family Dog Dog's twin brother from California.
I suppose the concept of an unknown twin who's been out surfing in California might be a bit much for a four year old. Confusion resulted until Theo just decided that this dog is in fact Dog Dog (he knew it was not the original but still it became his own Dog Dog).
Meeting Dog Dog's twin brother or the reincarnation of Dog Dog or, you get the picture.

I believe this post may earn the title - Most Use of the Word Dog.

1 comment:

Abbey said...

You are the world's best mommy!!!! How cute is Dog Dog II's surfboard?!