Friday, December 31, 2010

Ringing in the New Year at Edaville

We'd heard a lot about Edaville, a charming old time amusement park with a train on an old cranberry bog. They have a Christmas Lights Spectacular every year. And this year I'd read they were going all out with lights due to the fact that the park was up for sale and they were hoping for a buyer. We decided to spend New Year's Eve, which was relatively warm, exploring Edaville.
Maddie and Theo both loved piloting these planes.
On Big Eli, the ferris wheel. Gabriel was very unsure about boarding this ride. But, once snuggled between me and Maddie, he was very happy.
Theo couldn't wait!
The lights of Edaville.
Lastly, we took the train through the property. It's a full sized train and about a 15 minute ride. The kids loved seeing the lights and riding on a train. It was a lovely evening followed by a movie at home for the grown ups.

Though my favorite conversation came the next day when Theo was asking to go back to Edaville. I explained that, unfortunately, the park was closing as it was for sale without a buyer. He asked how much it was being sold for and I told him 10 million dollars. He said, "Hmm, let me check my wallet." Theo then proceeded to count out his money with the sad conclusion that he didn't have enough to purchase the park. He then asked if he put in 3 million and Maddie put in 3 million, if the bank could loan them the rest. I said certainly. We'll see if the Sanders will someday be owners of Edaville.

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Abbey said...

How do you not laugh and smile every day? Thanks for the pick-me-up :)