Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Hat, Scarf, Headband, Sunscreen Applicator

I do love the Invention Invasion at Angier. It is such a wonderful night of ingenuity by the children. Maddie, Taraneh, Avery and Avery's sister Delaney got together again to invent. And the end result: a hat, scarf, headband with sunscreen applicator. This is quite an improvement from the hat, scarf, headband with make up applicator which us moms dubbed the anti-feminist invention. Anyhow, they had a lot of fun brainstorming and cooperating.

Here she is.

The inventors explaining their creation.

Theo and Gabriel loved exploring the gym. Theo is my independent one who likes nothing more than to be given a long leash to go off. He was very proud to be able to roam through the gym looking at inventions without mom breathing down his back.

I took the boys across the hall to see the Lego club display. The club had set up their Legos on a low platform. As I was talking to a friend, I heard the crowd gasp. In slow motion, I turned my head to see this small two year old in cowboy boots with a devilish grin on his face lift up his foot for the second time to stomp on one of the creations. I simply froze unable to process that it was my child doing the stomping! How horrifying!!! I finally sprung into action, scooped him up and gave him a stern talking to. Thankfully, they were able to repair the damaged piece. Theo kept saying incredulously, "He was smiling when he did it." Oh boy...