Friday, February 6, 2009

On the Road

Gabriel and I headed off to Arizona to celebrate the wedding of my college friend Heather. I was very excited to have a warm weekend and see family and friends. I have to admit, that it was quite strange to travel with just one! I felt very strange leaving the kids home. Gabriel was such a trooper on the plane. He waved to all the passengers, slept a bit, played with a plastic cup, and just enjoyed himself. We were lucky to get an extra seat and have a nice lady next to us. I even got to thumb through a magazine!



Hamming it up on the plane!

My mom had my aunt and cousin over for dinner on Friday night. It was a great evening!


The wedding was lovely. Heather and Matt so joyful. The reception was at the Desert Botanical Gardens which were having a special exhibit by the artist Chihuly. http://www.dbg.org/ His glass sculptures are amazing and more so interspersed with the desert plants.




The reception was great fun, just to catch up, dance and have a nice night. It'd been 3 1/2 years since we'd all been together.
It was a great weekend though I missed celebrating Mary Ann and my parents missed Maddie and Theo. I even had time to be spoiled - hair appointment, make up done, church, Mexican food, some warm walks - so nice!


I do hate being so far away from all of our family. The travel with young children is just grueling made more apparent on my trip home. I'd booked a window seat but somehow had been moved to the back in a middle between two men! Tears at the airport had no affect on the cold bloodless US Air employees. Luckily, I found myself seated between two of the nicest men. They both offered their seats to me (one guy was 6'4"), I didn't take them up on it. They were discreet while I attempted to nurse out of necessity as he'd downed his one bottle already. And they provided nice conversation. We made it home to two very excited kids and Daddy. They'd had a great weekend of cooking, breakfast at the Charles, movie night and the Museum of Science.

2 comments:

Rachel H said...

That Gabriel is so darling! The hamming it up pic? Precious!! Can't wait to meet him!

And you are one hot Mama!!

Linda C said...

Erin, I so enjoy seeing pictures and reading the stories about your family! Thanks for sharing with us about your day-in, day-out life.