Saturday, February 21, 2009

House of Blues



We were excited to receive an invitation to the VIP (not as glamorous as it sounds) opening at the House of Blues in Boston through Nathan's Guitar Center connections. We'd been to the original HOB in Cambridge when Nathan was in school. It was an intimate venue to see live music but they closed it a few years ago. The new HOB is amazing! It's across from Fenway and really just lovely. We enjoyed an almost Arizona Mexican dinner before heading to the club. I don't know if it was really that delicious or if we're just so desperate for good Mexican food! We then had to wait in the freezing cold for about 45 minutes to get in. I did realize that I'm not young anymore as waiting in line to go to a club has zero appeal to me. We enjoyed an opening act and then waited for The Blues Brothers to hit the stage. I'm embarrassed to say that I've never seen the movie so my reference points were nil. But, wow oh wow, they were fantastic! We snagged a spot about five rows from the stage (standing). Belushi came through the crowd, passing between us. It was really fun. The only downside is that we had to leave 1/2 way through to get home to relieve the sitter. We'll definitely go back!

1 comment:

MaryAnn said...

How did you miss out on that Sanders family classic movie?!?! Glad you had fun.