Tuesday, May 12, 2009

On Boys

I continue to be fascinated by boys and what they are interested in, maybe because it is so foreign to me. Just today, I was reading stories to Theo. We were sitting cross legged on the floor in his room. Gabriel found a small school bus and proceeded to drive it around us the entire time I was reading a story! I remember when Maddie was probably 18 months, I thought she needed a car of some sort. I bought a cute wooden one and she hardly gave a it a glance. Gabriel is drawn to balls too. He'll crawl over to one, grab it and even crawl with it in his hand making a thump thump noise.


Theo clearly has my number. We returned home from walking Maddie to school and he asked to watch a show which doesn't normally happen in the morning. I said, no and proceeded to say no about six times in a row to his pleas. Finally, he said, "I say super please and you say, oh, alright." Now, I really thought I stand firm on my yeses and nos but apparently, I'm going to have to watch it!

2 comments:

Rachel H said...

Boys are wonderful, I must agree. And from what I hear, oh so different from girls from the get-go.

thesanders said...

It's crazy how true it is. Nature certainly has a lot to do with it!