Sunday, May 24, 2009

Rainy Day Biking

Nathan is indoctrinating the kids into cycling! Theo even wants a pair of bike shorts. Nathan has taken the kids out on some pretty long rides - Maddie's gone about 6 miles and Theo 3, which says a lot as he's pushing the bike with his feet on the street. It's a very fun activity for them. I, on the other hand, am not entirely cut out for family bike rides - yet. Theo is a bit crazy on the bike and with much shrieking and hollering (me to Theo as he's barreling down the street), I decided that this is a perfect Daddy/child activity. In the picture above, the cyclists got caught in a torrential downpour. Spirits were not dampened!

2 comments:

Rachel H said...

What is Theo's bike called? I have seen one before. Such a cool concept! I can't believe the kids can ride so far! In that respect, I can't even begin to imagine biking 150 miles like Nathan does. Amazing!!

thesanders said...

It's called a balance bike. The thought is he'll go straight to a regular bike sans training wheels, probably next summer.