Friday, December 18, 2009

A Christmas Surprise from Grandmary

Our yard screamed for a swing set. The closest playground is at Angier, which makes it more of an outing than a daily event. And so I decided to use some of the money Grandmary had left me for a Christmas surprise for the kids. I've tried to honor each grandmother by using funds in ways they'd appreciate. I've had paintings commissioned for the kids to commemorate Grandmary's love of art and this will honor her love of fun. I've invested the money from Grandmommy!

Maddie was super excited to see her new toy!
It was frigid but we bundled up and headed outside. Gabriel took right to the set and scampered up the ladder. It's been great fun even in the winter. On a side note, I'm having difficulty with my camera. I'm quite disappointed in the pictures though Nathan would say it's the photographer and not the camera. We'll see...

3 comments:

Libby said...

Fantastic! I am so happy to see it! What fun it will be this summer too...

Abbey said...

what a fantastic surprise! love her face...that's just pure joy, huh? :)

Rachel H said...

The pics of Maddie are priceless!

What a fun swingset! Ours was bought with my grandmother's inheritance as well. I like to think they would be happy with our choice. :-)