Thursday, April 1, 2010

Abbey's Here!

What a delight! We had a visit from Abbey over Easter weekend. Not only is Abbey well loved in our house, she is an organizational guru (start that business, will you!) and I had some special projects that needed her touch. But first, to see Boston!

There is nothing the kids like more than to take the train into the city, something we don't do enough. My reading machine brought a book to pass the time and the boys loved looking out the window.

There's something about the Swalwell genes that bring out the goofball in everyone. Silly kids in the Boston Public Library. It is truly a remarkable place. We did a quick tour of the library, stopped in at a famous old church and listened to some organ music and picked up Nathan at the office for lunch. We lunched on Newbury Street at Sonsie - delish but not a place to bring three hungry kids. Oh well.
Saturday brought a special Easter picnic at our church. Our favorite barnyard babies made an appearance, there were games, a really yummy brunch and egg hunt.

Sweet sister helping Gabey.

How long can I do matching outfits? I love it!

And can you believe? Abbey had NEVER eaten a peep. I was in utter and complete shock. I fancy myself a bit of a peep aficionado. For instance, I prefer yellow bunny peeps, I will eat pink bunnies, not blue, I don't like the chicks - too thick and I only eat peeps at Easter forget the other holidays they try to push on you. Actually I sound a bit crazy.

Easter morning! The bunny left clues for the baskets though upped it a bit this year with quite challenging clues, a tad too challenging and frustrating we thought. We loved sharing in Abbey's Easter traditions with new jammies for the family - which have quickly become favorites for everyone.
After church picture, we were right on time for the service which earned us a front row seat, gulp.
The jam session, Abbey is so talented with such a beautiful singing voice. Such a pleasure to have live music in our house.
The musicians doing a funny pose. It was a great visit! Come back Abbey!!!

No comments: