Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sharpened Santa Skates

Oh that Santa. I'm sure he thought it'd be no problem to take three children skating when he delivered three pairs of skates on Christmas morn. And once we got going, it really wasn't. Maddie flew onto the ice, surprisingly as we didn't skate much last year. I must get her in lessons, she really has a knack for skating. Theo had been on skates once before. He wanted no help and by the end of our time on the rink. He was upright and moving forward. I was very impressed.

And Gabriel did great! It helped that he had the tiniest double runner skates around. But, he could move unassisted. Really fantastic news as I plan to take the kids alone to the community rink as much as possible.

1 comment:

Rachel H said...

I love all your up-dated stories, Erin! You guys do such fun things as a family. Way to go getting all caught up your blog. I am afraid I never will...